Getting Started With Your Ecommerce Website
The initial success of your ecommerce website will depend entirely on whether it generates sales! For this to happen your online shop must look attractive, contain the latest ecommerce features, offer competitive prices and receive positive ratings. When it comes to building the website you'll need to choose from the following options:
- Hire a website design company: For a high quality website you'll be paying around £5,000 - £10,000 for the design and £50 - £200 per month for hosting + maintenance costs. You'll have a good looking website with the latest features, however you will consistently need to pay extra for new features, content or design changes (for different seasons). This option is only available to those with the financial backing and your business would be at the mercy of the web design company.
- Open source (free) software: Various open source software is available for free which sounds like an amazing deal, however you'll be responsible for everything! If your website goes down, gets hacked or needs anything fixed its your problem to resolve and therefore you will need to have knowledge of programming, databases, hosting/servers and security. The standard shop themes offered are very poor, which means you'll need to edit the code and have design skills to achieve a professional ecommerce website.
- Hosted Ecommerce Software: For a small monthly payment launch your online shop using "tried and tested" platform, which includes an administration panel to manage your orders, products, statistics and everything else. Design your shop without programming language by choosing from themes and customizing them to your taste. The software is updated automatically so your website always offers the latest ecommerce features. Typically you can start building your shop immediately with minimal risk (around £20).
Hosted ecommerce software is clearly the best choice, so whats the problem?
The idea of hosted shopping cart software is fantastic, however its unfortunate that almost every ecommerce company is guilty of miss-selling. These companies love to highlight the fact that you don't need programming knowledge to use their software, however its ironic that you always do! Additionally, you will be charged extra every month for features that should already be included.
When you first view the shop themes on offer by these companies they look decent, however once you've signed up its a completely different story. Your unable to make changes without coding, everything looks empty and your stuck trying to figure it out. In most cases the navigation to edit your shop is barbaric and you end up having to contact the companies technical support. Generally the support you will receive is basic, "matter of fact" and unless your willing to pay extra its going to become a nightmare.
At first glance the majority of ecommerce platforms offer a fairly good administration panel to maintain your shop, but how efficient are these systems? Dealing with email is a daily task and fundamental to running your online shop. You will find almost every ecommerce platform requires you to setup your email accounts with other companies, which means you have to constantly switch between systems just to deal with day-to-day tasks. This is terribly outdated, time consuming and most importantly running your shop becomes a chore.
Adding to the chore of switching between different systems is the navigation of many ecommerce platforms, as everytime you click your mouse the page reloads and your left waiting for results. Although it may only take several seconds for a page to load, it soon becomes annoying when your working in the same windows everyday.
One the key issues with hosted software currently on the market is lack of quality features such as product filtering, dropdown menus and separate page layouts. Online shoppers are extremely savvy and can see the difference when websites are created with limited software.
It is a fact there are thousands of online shops struggling to match the features of large online retailers due to the hosted shopping cart system their using.
Whats the solution?... Speeda
Speeda understands the frustrations of clients using outdated systems and has created its ecommerce system in order to solve these problems.
The key reason your starting an online shop is to make money and become successful. This means converting your website visitors into sales and therefore the first step is a fantastic shop design comparable to high end retailers. Secondly, once your in the position of receiving sales its very important things run smoothly.
Speeda ecommerce offers you the solution to these requirements without hassle or limitation for a small monthly payment (which could be covered with just one sale).
- Designing your shop: You have complete control of your shops design and we're not lying! Forget learning programming code because with Speeda you simply browse your website (as a customer would) and use our design buttons to make instant changes. You really do not need ANY programming knowledge to achieve the website design of your dreams. You can drag and drop, resize, change styles, upload images, adjust settings and do just about anything you want with ease. The beauty of Speeda ecommerce is that you can actually see changes in real-time. At the click of your mouse you have the power to design anything a website programmer can achieve.
- Managing your shop: Speeda have worked diligently to give its customers the very latest integrated administration panel using modern technologies. You can navigate with ease and perform actions instantly (no page reloading). Emails, customers, orders and products are all integrated within the system and link together, which means you can always access the required information and perform tasks from any window. Find products instantly with our super fast search bar and filter by categories, brands and low stock.
How easy it to forget about important tasks such as getting back to a customer or remembering a stock delivery? The calendar feature helps everything run smoothly by alerting you when tasks are due. For medium-large sized businesses you can assign tasks for your employees through the calendar and then find out if the task was completed. You can create a hierarchy of staff members and limit their access to areas of the administration panel on an individual basis, which is extremely useful for multiple reasons such as stopping others from changing settings or knowing sales figures.
If you want to provide datafeeds for shopping comparison websites like Froogle or auction websites like eBay without hassle, tick that issue off the list! With Speeda you can setup automatic datafeeds for all the popular integrations like Google Shopping, Shopzilla and eBay. Additionally, you can import and export your products manually via CSV.
- Ecommerce features: Besides the standard features found on the majority of ecommerce websites like "wishlists" or "tell a friend" Speeda has dedicated a huge amount of development time into providing the best ecommerce features. You can now compete with the large online retailers thanks to the features Speeda offers, including custom product filters with no page reloading, automatic and manual labels (save 10%, best seller etc), sort by and pagination filtering, adjustable scrollers and product page tabs, separate layout templates, zooming images and in-built blogs to name just a few! The only way to really understand why our features stand out from the crowd is to try them out yourself, so please take a glance at our customer showcase or start your free trial today by clicking here.